The Friends of Mponegele Aids Orphans was set up in May 2002 to provide financial assistance in support of the work of Mponegele Ke Itirele, a registered non-profit organisation working with AIDS orphans and other vulnerable children in the Mankweng area of Limpopo Province, South Africa.
Our aims are to:
- Improve the children’s access to basic needs such as practical support in the home, emotional support, education and training, food and clothing;
- Improve access to entitled government grants, relief from paying school fees;
- Help with their studies, craft training and career guidance;
- Advance the public education and awareness of the needs of these children and their households; and
- Promote AIDS awareness by running community workshops.